Are you a Tesla owner looking to maximize the life and performance of your battery? Preconditioning your Tesla battery is one of the most important steps you can take to ensure that your vehicle is running at its best. In this post, we’ll cover what preconditioning is and how to precondition your Tesla battery.
What is Preconditioning?
Preconditioning is the process of optimizing your Tesla battery for better performance. This is done by charging and discharging the battery in order to reset its chemistry, improving its longevity and performance. Preconditioning your Tesla battery is important because it helps to reduce the amount of energy lost during charging and discharging cycles, which can result in a decrease in the battery’s ability to hold a charge over time.
How to Precondition Your Tesla Battery
Preconditioning your Tesla battery is a relatively simple process. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Make sure your vehicle is plugged in and charged to 100%.
2. Drive your vehicle for at least 15 minutes.
3. When you get back, unplug your vehicle and let it sit for an hour.
4. Plug your vehicle back in and let it charge to 100%.
5. Unplug your vehicle and let it sit for another hour.
6. Repeat the process at least once a month to ensure optimal performance.
Preconditioning your Tesla battery is a crucial part of ensuring that your vehicle is running at its best. By following the steps outlined above, you can help to improve the longevity and performance of your Tesla battery and make sure you’re getting the most out of your vehicle.